Monday, February 8, 2010

I Exited GBP/USD Trade at 602 Pip Profit; Will re-Short on Weakness


The majors that trade against the US dollar (except the JPY) are looking quite bullish, and with the stock market in a wave ii it also suggests dollar weakness ahead. The 15min chart of the GBP/USD gives me concern on top of all this because an inverse head and shoulders pattern has formed. I don't want to miss the next wave down because it should be a doozy, but I also don't want to lose too much of the 600 pips I'm in the profit on this trade. So I exited the short trade I started at 1.6235 at 1.5633 (click here for original trade setup).

After I exited the trade at a 602 pip profit, I feel comfortable entering a sell stop order at 1.5530 with a buy stop on that order at 1.5655. If the pair rallies much higher then I'll re-short at a stronger level, if it does not rally higher and tanks lower in its wave 3 continuation, then my sell stop order will execute and I'll get back in.

In summary, I exited my short position on the GBP/USD and right now have a sell stop order to get back in the trade on weakness at 1.5530 where if it's executed then I'll have a buy stop to protect that position at 1.5655.


PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN ANALYSIS BLOG AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. THE DATA HERE IS MERELY AN EXPRESSED OPINION. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter