Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quick Morning Update: S&P and Currencies

S&P Cash Index

The stock market appears to be unfolding some 4th and 5th waves to complete wave 2. A break below the S&P 1077 level will be a strong indicator that wave 2 is over and wave 3 is underway. And a break beneath 1059 will ultimately confirm it.

GBP/USD & EUR/USD





My currency short orders executed in the GBP/USD and the EUR/USD. Unfortunately it did so as the pairs were bottoming in the short term, so I got short at the lows. My GBP/USD entry of 1.5555 is actually the exact low of the day according to GFT. So I'm not too happy about that. However I am happy that it appears that both pairs are tracing out 5 waves down, which means most likely the downtrend has resumed. My stops are wide for now, with the GBP/USD stop at 1.5820 and my EUR/USD stop at 1.3800.


PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN ANALYSIS BLOG AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. THE DATA HERE IS MERELY AN EXPRESSED OPINION. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter