Wednesday, February 3, 2010

GBP/USD Trade Update



The GBP/USD rallied in a clear 3 waves from the 1.5850 low. I originally labeled this rally as a 4th wave, but it's become quite long and extended in both price and time to have EWP's "right look". It hasn't violated any EWP rules so it's still possible, but I want to explore other possibilities as well. It's possible that the decline is a series of waves 1 and 2, I have them labeled as 1-2 and (1)-(2). This would be extremely bearish for the pair and lead to a strong unrelenting decline for several days at least.

With the clear 3 wave rally from 1.5850, and sharp reversal this morning, I feel comfortable lowering my stop again to lock in more profits. I lowered my stop from 1.6115 to 1.6075. If that level is broken, then most likely a larger correction is underway and I want out of the position anyway. By lowering my stop another 40 pips, it will lock in a total of 160 pips of profit at this time since my entry point as 1.6235.

The same holds true for the AUD/USD trade if anyone got on it as it rallied to the .8900 level I mentioned yesterday. A stop above the .8926 high would be in order in my opinion. I'm only going to continue to track the GBP/USD trade though, unless there's demand to track the AUD/USD trade all the way through as well.

As for the stock market, the rally is faultering a bit this morning, but so far it looks corrective. The next wave down would be a wave (iii), and it should be unmistakable when it gets underway. So a steady and slow grind lower does not get my attention to calling a top just yet. I'm still looking at the S&P 1116 area for good resistance and a chance to add to my short positions.

More on the stock market later as the price action unfolds.


PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN ANALYSIS BLOG AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. THE DATA HERE IS MERELY AN EXPRESSED OPINION. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter