Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Elliott Wave Options Signals - Closing LNKD Early at a 10% Profit

Elliott Wave Options Signals - Closing LNKD

I decided to close my LNKD in long call spread position a bit early because it is the only long position I have on right now, and 1 of only 2 viable long strategies in the entire stock market.  I don't like the stock market's price action, and feel it might be rolling over now.  But looking at LNKD independently, it should shoot higher to $126 before resuming its downtrend....I just don't have the patience for it at this point.

My initial trade cost $6.76 and I closed it at $7.40 for a respectable 10% profit over a couple weeks.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE TRADE:

Elliott Wave stock signal on LNKD


Linkedin fell off a cliff a few weeks ago and was met with heavy volume and at least a temporary
bottom. After correcting higher it has traversed sideways and into a buy signal on my proprietary indicators. I don't like to go into a trade just based on the signal, I need the wave count and price action to support the signal. Up until today, LNKD showed more weakness relative to the rest of the market until today where it has popped and held at a 2.5% rally. I like this price action  now and the wave count suggesting an impulsive wave C higher. from current levels

Using the Fibonacci retracement of wave (3) and the ratio analysis of wave A, I project  move to the confluence of resistance at $136-$159.  I want enter only half of my normal position size in case save B down unfolds a little further so I can add to my position at a better price later.  Here is my trade:

Buy April 29 112 Call at -$8.80
Sell April 29 132 Call at +$2.04

Please like this post :-)


PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ELLIOTT WAVE BLOG EXPRESSING AN OPINION AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter