Monday, April 26, 2010

Stock Market in Wave ii; EUR/USD Giving Good Bullish Opportunity

S&P Cash Index




The S&P appears to be in a wave ii correction as shown above. The behavior of the overall market is a bit suspect if it's in a wave (iii) as I have labeled. And what I mean by that is that the Dow was strong today while the S&P was substantially weaker, and this wave (iii) continues to get more and more sideways. If the market is in a wave (iii), I'd expect all major indices to be sharply moving higher in unison in a nice healthy rise with strong volume and internals. Nonetheless, it's still quite possible and it sets up a good bullish opportunity with a stop just below 1190. If the market continues on sideways without shooting higher like a wave iii of (iii) should, then I'll look at less bullish sideways moves that would fit into the current market behavior better. I don't see any reason evidence suggesting a top is in at this point, so shorting right now does not seem wise. If anything, I'd be looking to get long for a short term trade with a stop below 1190 if a good opportunity arises.


EUR/USD Daily




I haven't talked about currencies for a while because I haven't seen any good opportunities lately. But I do see one in the EUR/USD. Looking at the daily chart above we can see a clear 5 wave drop which has now resulted in some sideways action. A 4th wave triangle is ruled out because it just recently made a new low (what I labeled wave 'b'). But the 3 wave rise from 1.3266, then decline beneath the wave 5 low, tells me that a "flat" correction is probably unfolding. If correct, we should now be in a 5 wave impulse rally for wave C. Wave C's of flat corrections normally go just above wave 'a', but since wave 4 is so close by, and it would fit EWP's "right look" better with a bigger and longer correction, I think the wave C rally should carry just above 1.3817. So I'm long the EUR/USD from current levels with a small position and will add to it if it falls lower. My stop level is at 1.3197. So right now I'm risking 188 pips to make a possible 432 pips.



PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS JUST AN ANALYSIS BLOG AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. THE DATA HERE IS MERELY AN EXPRESSED OPINION. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter