Monday, April 18, 2016

Elliott Wave Bearish Index Signals Starting

Bearish Index Signals

For my index trading methods I look for 3 stages to confirm a trade:

1) Signal on the index
2) Signal on the VIX to confirm the index signal
3) Confirmation on proprietary indicators

Right now, states 1 and 2 have been met as both the S&P cash and the VIX have fired off bearish setup signals.  Now I'm just waiting for a confirmation move by the S&P.  Preferably, for the best trade, I would like the S&P to traverse sideways to up for a few days before triggering the signal to short.  This would provide the best profitability.  I'll post it here when the bearish signal is confirmed.  Once hit, I expect at least a 40-50 point drop.


Elliott Wave Index Count

So the head and shoulders top I projected has now failed and is removed from consideration.  I believe wave (4) is complete, although very shallow.  This means we are in wave (5) of ((3)).  In using channeling and wave ratio analysis, I see that wave (5) will equal wave (1) at 2108, and that is also close to the channel top.  I can easily see the market getting to 2100-2110 and then reversing short of the upper channel line.  I will rely on my proprietary indicators to identify when a top has occurred though, and when I should short.  Until then, I will patiently wait.

Please support the blog and like this post :-)


PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ELLIOTT WAVE BLOG EXPRESSING AN OPINION AND IN NO WAY GUARANTEES OR IMPLIES ANY PROFIT OR GAIN. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

StatCounter